Daniel Horton | danielhorton(at)gmail(dot)com
Assignment as a web and design specialist in a technology related environment where I can use my experience and skills as a web designer, graphic designer, writer, and web specialist to further an organization and my skill set.
2004 – 2007 | B.A. in Communication Arts, University of Alabama in Huntsville – Class work in Web Cognate including studies in web design, web communication, and graphic design.
July 2006 – Present
UAHuntsville Web / Graphic Designer
University of Alabama in Huntsville Salmon Library
- Designed and maintained UAH.edu.
- Designed and created various advertising and promotional print materials.
- Taught computer multimedia classes at Randolph Private School.
- Organize a bi-annual University LAN Party for 500+ students.
- Produce and co-host the monthly University podcast.
August 2005 – July 2006
UAH Career Services Web / Graphic Designer
University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Designed and continually updated Career Services website.
- Created and designed advertisements, brochures, and program covers.
- Worked extensively with the public and maintained job listing files.
October 2004 – May 2006
The Exponent (UAH Student Newspaper)
- Wrote various articles on technology and entertainment topics.
June 2002 – July 2004
Franklin County School System
- Assisted in maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Created county school system website.
Skills and Interests
▪ Proficient with audio / video editing.
▪ Experienced in artistic and commercial photography.
▪ Two years experience with moderately scaled school networking.
▪ Two years experience with computer repairs and installations.
▪ Experience in teaching technology related topics.
▪ Extensive experience with blogs, wikis, and related social web applications.
▪ Proficient in web programming languages such as HTML, CSS, and various AJAX related web applications.
▪ One year experience in producing and co-hosting an online video show.
Software / Design Experience
▪ Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
▪ Adobe Flash
▪ Adobe Dreamweaver
▪ Adobe Illustrator
▪ Adobe Photoshop
Video / Audio Editing
▪ RSS, Podcasting